Thursday, March 24, 2011

Catching Up

I have been playing catch up at home this week.  Some of that means getting things done, and some of it means just doing more relaxing.  Case in point.  Most of this week I haven't gotten into work until 11am.  I have been taking Bella to preschool, going back home to enjoy a leisurely breakfast, getting ready myself, running errands, and then getting to work.  If this could be my permanent schedule life wouldn't be too bad.  But I'm thinking next week will be back to reality.
So what errands have I been running.  Well it's time to start thinking about the nursery.  I picked out some fabric for curtains, and today I picked up the paint.  As most of you know from looking at our house, I have a fondness for bold colors.  I really wanted to go a little more muted on the new nursery, but in the end I pulled a fast one and went bold once again.
Because my husband won't let me find out what we are having.......i have chosen to go with a yellow and gray color scheme.
         curtains

crib skirt (boy)

crib skirt (girl)

As you can see, some pieces will have to be added later, as I really want to incorporate some florals if we have a girl.  I guess that means Grandma Judy will have to be on point to sew up a new crib skirt as soon as the baby arrives.
I also wanted to show you the bedroom paint I picked out, but I can't quite seem to figure out how.  So I guess you will have to wait and see it once it's on the walls.  Needless to say it's a yellow that is a little bit brighter than the ones in the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment